Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sun or Rain ?

Bangalore has been seeing some wacky weather over the last couple of days. It is almost like its not able to make up its mind. It rained Friday night and again tonight. All this after summer has officially started! This is one of the things I love about Bangalore, its weather is so unpredictable. Generally I love summer too, but this time around the first week or two of summer has made me think of a more disturbing thing. Bangalore traffic and roads were very bad for much of last year and now I do feel that the roads have got better. But the disturbing thing I noticed is the road rage in summer. Its like a physical increase in temperature has resulted in people losing their cool. Not a very welcome sign since summer is very much here to stay.

I am seeing the ZEE Cine Awards as I write this and just realized that I have completely let go off English Music. Usually I would listen to MTV or Channel V and get my dose of English music and this was in the late nineties and maybe early this decade. But nowadays, these channels are filled with only desi music and even worse, their remixes. Now, don't get me wrong, I love our desi stuff, but it gets quite monotonous. The only channel which carries some good angrezi music is VH1 and my cable guy ensures that it gets tuned to the very end of the U band, which means, its grainy as hell! Anywayz, I will get in touch with a couple of guys at office who somehow manage to keep themselves abreast of Firangi Music, even if its restricted to a particular creed of Rock Music. :-)

2 comments:

Ajay said...

Ok... lemme rephrase. The roads in bangalore were better, till yesterdays rain. :-)

reminiscenes said...

Oh well, finally got to have a look at ur blog & jeejs, hats off to ur power of communication !!! Will keep "Getting fed". And now u have a regular visitor to ur blog :-)