Sunday, September 16, 2007

Love-Hate!

It has rained real crazy in Bangalore for most of last week. Its good to see Bangalore at its gloomy best, reminding us Bangaloreans of the good old days. I see many complain off this gloomy weather, but this is exactly the weather that sets Bangalore apart from the rest of the big cities of India.

This being said, I share a strange love-hate relationship with all this rain.
1. I love it being gloomy, but I hate it when it rains so much that the football ground gets all slushy.
2. I love it when I can sit for hours at home without having to bother about turning on the fan, but I hate it when I have to use the water heater to have some hot water since the solar heater didn't get enough sunlight to do its job.
3. I love it when the roads are empty during peak hours when there is heavy rain, but I hate it when the period after a heavy rain results in huge traffic jams even during non-peak hours.
4. The lazy me loves it when the rain gives my car a free wash, but I hate it when my car gets a free mud coat the day after the rains.


Rain in Bangalore... You can love it, You can hate it.... you can also ignore it, :-) which is exactly what I am gonna do.

3 comments:

Anila said...

I don't like gloomy weather.. I don't like being compelled to sit inside the house.. I don't like muddy roads.. I think I hate rainy season! :¦

Prady said...

I love watching the downpour from a bus on the way home, but would hate driving in the rain ;-)

Anonymous said...

rema's views:
really it gives mixed feelings when it rains.But majority likes to comment negative.Think of an year without a single drop of rain.
oh! can't imagine.








oh! can't imagine!